Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to school, BAAACK to schoooool!

Really?! Is summer already over?? This year it FLEW by-- literally FLEW! Maybe that is because I had a week in Miami and then scout camp - then had a super cool friend come visit from Texas and then Chet's birthday, and then me and the kids went to Texas for a month!! Best month EVER!! (minus Chet missing 3 of those weeks)

And maybe because we had to pack up our whole apartment before leaving for Tx. The apartment we haven't moved into yet! But will get to this weekend-- however- our kids needed to start school- because apparently the one they are zoned to in our new place is year round- and had started July 28th--- WHOOPS!

So- after getting somewhat settled- and moving from a hotel room to a corporate unit-- are kids are now situated and started school today- and they LOVED it!!



Dante is a FOURTH grader!!! Which means- I HAVE A FOURTH GRADER!!
He loved school today- and I really like his teacher and am hoping for the best:)



Erin is going into 2nd grade-- and poor girl has gone to 3 different elementary schools for each grade! She is a champ at making friends though:)


And of course we have Ethan who is starting 1st grade and who can keep up with the best of them! He is also very proud of his old school transformers lunch box! (the one he almost didn't get because he kept setting it down- and forgetting it and when check out time came-- he had left it somewhere else, and I told him if he could RACE to go get it and come back in time- then he could get it- otherwise lesson learned!! Did he make it?? Right after I handed the check over-- so I paid cash instead for his lunch box- because I'm THE best mom in the world like that!:)

And one other funny story that came out of today and me being THE best mom in the world-

Erin got an I-Carly back pack and she told me that almost no one in her class can watch I-Carly- and then she added, and hardly anyone can watch tv-- PERIOD in her class! Then I said-- really? And you say I'm a mean mom (anytime I say no, haha) and she looked at me and smiled! I love it when they realize the little things:)

ps--- I had to use my AMAZING camera phone for the pics- since I have yet to replace the one Ethan busted! But hey-- I blogged:)

3 comments:

Christie said...

Thanks for posting a new blog...about time! Your kids are so precious. Year round school, eh? How does that work? I'm so happy y'all came to the beach house. I just love your family, especially you!

Tupou's said...

year around? how do you think your going to like that? wow they started about a month ago.. thats kind of funny! glad your back.

Whidget said...

Cute photos! I can't believe summer is almost over either. Course mine aren't in school yet so I am mostly just glad it's getting cooler again!