1. My kids love to roll down the windows in the car. Even if it is 5,000 degrees outside- they want the windows down. One afternoon, Ethan started rolling the window down, and I told him it was too hot today- but instead of him rolling it back up, he just shouted to the mom of a little kid wearing only underwear, " PUT SOME CLOTHES ON THAT KID!" I was pretty embarrassed- as I haven't done that since I was 12 years old! (he must have been watching me from heaven).
I just hope that when the slightly overweight, 85 year old man comes rolling by every afternoon around 3 with no shirt and little biker shorts with his little American flag on his bike - that Ethan is NO WHERE in sight... or else he might get a reprimand like the mother of the 1/2 naked child!
2. Dante is quite witty and pretty serious all at the same time. The other day I had my window rolled down, and I had told the kids they couldn't roll their windows down...(it's always about the windows) I actually rolled mine down to talk to my neighbor real quick- but he didn't notice that, he just saw that I had my window down. So, he asked- Why do you get to roll your window down and we can't? And I answered with the mother of all answers... "because I'm an adult... and WHEN YOU ARE AN ADULT- you can do anything you want too!" To which he so quickly responded and in ALL seriousness "MOM! I CANNOT be shot out of a cannon when I'm an adult! Come ON!!!! Think about it!" To which I replied back- well- you can- you just have to join the circus! And I smiled at him- as he looked quite perplexed!
3. Erin loves the name Sarah! She has this one little red headed polly pocket named Sarah. She loves her- and got mad the other day that Minnie lost Sarah. She asked me about every 10 min. if I had found her yet-- to which I finally did --- this morning! (and she isn't even here to tell) Anyways.... anytime she plays "house" she is Sarah-- I never understood - where she got that name from- or why she likes it so much. When I asked her what she would want to name a little sister if we had one- she said Sarah. Then I asked her-- what about a little brother- what would you want to name him-- she said Spike. Can anyone NOW guess where she got the names from?? (hint: A certain dinosaur movie- and there are like 17 of them now) Hey- it could have been Pee-tree. Or- when I asked Dante the same question- he said he would name his little brother Laban?? (No I'm not pregnant:)) I just like to pretend sometimes!
4. My blog ROCKS so much- that I'm starting to get some free stuff! No Mommy's Perfect sent me some AMAZING stuff- I got 2 shirts (as pictured aboved and the same one in aqua). And I got a really cool bag that is perfect for the beach, or to take to the library! It is nice and big- and RECYCLED!! I really like it!! You should go to her site and check her blog and store out! Her site helps us mothers feel ok with not being perfect:)
5. I'm on week 3 of my 100 push-up challenge! Yesterday I did 80 pushups- broken up in 5 sets - with a rest of 60 seconds in between each set! I'll tell you- this challenge is HARD- but I LOVE it! The most I would do in a workout is 3 sets of 10-- but I'm feeling it everywhere and I'm feeling stronger-- so in about 4 weeks- I'm hoping to post a video of me doing 100 pushups in a row (just to say I did it- and have the proof!)
6. Over the summer if you have kids playing in the sand a lot-- baby powder makes it come right off! It always seems like sand NEVER comes off- but put some baby powder on it-- and it brushes right off! It's great:)
7. I'm off to the Children's Museum with my sister- so - expect an update tomorrow with pics:)
HAVE A GREAT- SUNSHINGING DAY!!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Posted by Bertie at 1:39 PM