Monday, November 26, 2007

Moving on: Sunday morning and evening!


Yesterday was probably one of my most "everything fell right into place" Sunday's in a really, really long time! The kids were great and cooperated and obeyed my every command the FIRST time! (I actually don't think that has ever happened- now that I think about it:)) They let me dress them however I wanted- Erin let me put her hair in pigtails and then curl them in ringlets... We were doing so well- that they even had time to sit at the table and color before having to leave AND we were there right at 10:45 - 15 WHOLE minutes before church started!! I was highly pleased with everything- and I can't take all the credit- the credit goes MAINLY to:



Yes- now that these cakes are back on the shelves- my kids will do ANYTHING to get one! They believe that the elves made them just for my kids- and they have to be good to get them, and if they get enough - then that means they actually get presents for Christmas instead of coal. It's great! So, Sunday went perfect- perfect in sacrament, and primary and nursery! It was just a perfect day all around.. I was caught up on everything, and I had lots of energy.... and only LATER would I find out why.

Chet worked late last night, and also stayed in Katy to watch a football game with some friends.... and at midnight I get a call from him saying he has run out of gas AND locked himself out of the truck. So- I woke all my kids up, and we headed out to help him- he was about 30 min. away.... so I let Dante stay home from school today as he was exhausted- when all was said and done, we got back home around 1:35 AM. I now know- that my day went so perfectly- so that I would be able to actually be "decent" about this whole scenario (even though anytime I hear a story about someone running out of gas- I'm like- how can that happen??) I was luckily still pretty wide awake, so that I was able to drive out there, and I wasn't woken up which was nice. Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for me yesterday, so that my spirits would be high when Chet needed me, instead of all worn out and ready to hit the hay.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I don't blame your kids... a Christmas tree cake could get me to do just about anything too.. :) haha. Poor Emily. I hope her noggin is ok!

Morgan said...

I don't blame your kids... a Christmas tree cake could get me to do just about anything too.. :) haha. Poor Emily. I hope her noggin is ok!