Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ooopppssies....



So, a while ago I posted about Ethan doing the laundry - and I was more shocked that he didn't make a mess doing the laundry then actually doing it. Well, the other day I was laying down for my 15 min. power nap and Ethan comes in... and says- Mom, I'm sorry... I spilt the juice. I was like- ok... I'll clean it up when my timer goes off. He then says- I already wiped it up. I said, ok ... good boy! Then he left. So, my timer goes off, and I start going about and doing things, and I don't see any juice on my kitchen floor, and I don't see the pitcher tipped over or any kind of juice mess. I was like- WOW- he cleaned up REALLY good! Then I go into the laundry room and see that he put his swimsuit into the washing machine - and this time didn't quite make it with the "juice" and it spilled. However- this spill was quite minor compared to a bunch of others that have happened- so I didn't mind cleaning it up at all. You can also see- he attempted to clean it up, with the rag that is still on top of the washing machine. He is a funny, funny INDEPENDENT kid!!


Oh- and here is the coolest link I found the other day.........

http://www.dltk-cards.com/chart/

You can customize your kids cleaning charts or to do charts! It is great! You can add as many "chores" as you want- you can decide what picture to put at the top, you can put their name on it! It is perfect- and my kids LOVE it!!

That way- you don't have to deal with one of those posterboards or making your own free hand. The kids love picking out and coloring the top portion!

Another great site that I love for church lessons and ideas is sugardoodle.net!

3 comments:

~~Heidi~~ said...

That is cute that he tried to clean it up. I will have to check out your sites.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I love sugardoodle! great website and way to go Ethan!

Burk Family said...

That's great that he's a cleaner. He must have a clean mommy! It looks like you have a nice washing machine. I'm jealous. Mine I got at a garage sale. Yikes! Pretty risky, I know. But it works. Not the best-looking thing, though!