Thursday, December 20, 2007

The brain is a funny, funny thing

I think it is so funny/amazing how our brains work and how when we see certain things, our brain will automatically associate it with whatever we have learned to associate with that thing. Like- I see a puppy - I think cute, I see ice-cream- I think I need a spoon, I see an old friend - I think big hug and lots of laughs.

This morning- and it wasn't just "one of those mornings" where I didn't get enough sleep last night, or woke up really, really early and was just "out of it". I slept GREAT, no one came and got in my bed, no one knocked on my door, Chet let me sleep in, it was perfect! I could not have asked for a better night! So, when I did finally get up... this is how my morning breakfast routine went... and see if you can figure out, what happened with my "brain associations"


PS - don't ask me why someone put a hot dog in the handle of the milk jug?! If you ask me- it was to play a mean prank on mama!;)

6 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

are you sure you aren't preggo?? that is something a pregnant brain would do! hehehe!

Katie said...

delicious! :)

Mister Smoot said...

this kills me! I love the "hotdog" milk!

Mister Smoot said...

Sorry...this is Julianne Smoot - signed in under my hubby's name!

Jenn said...

I'm sick of painting--we do it in the middle of the night, after the kids are in bed! Then we have no distractions. I just can't find a color I like! After living in places where I can't paint, I'm afraid that I've gone overboard!

Your blog is funny too. Love the ketchup.

Monica said...

You and your awesome kids crack me up!!! I love your blog Bertie! Makes my day when there is a new funny story or cool insight to read. :)