Thursday, December 6, 2007

Old School Christmas Lights!


Remember these kind of lights- where they were glass bulbs and they were all different colors and they were a lot bigger then the plastic and tiny ones of today!? These bulbs were always my favorite- but unfortunately they would get very, very, VERY hot! One of my favorite games that I used to play with these Christmas lights, was to see who could hold onto them the longest when they were turned on.

Here is how we played--- I would gather my 2 youngest sisters.. Elizabeth and Emily- when I was probably about 16- so they were 5-7... and we would play the game who can hold on the longest. They would each put a light bulb in their hand from the tree- and we would hold onto them, and whoever let go first would lose. I always held on the longest, because I was smart and I would unscrew the light bulb just enough to turn it off, without them seeing and wa-la.. I did not get burned:) A little tricky?? Maybe! But- they thank me for it now- in showing them how to have a good time!! They love me soooo much:) I'm the BEST sister EVAH!!!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Bertie- that made me laugh so hard. Poor babies. Remember when you guys used to refer to them as "the babies"? :)

Monica said...

Love the story, and the memory lane of those lights...I used to love those too - can't imagine how we didn't have fires all over the place with how hot they got! If Emily and Elizabeth ever feel bad about the younger sister treatment, tell them to give Wendy a call. I tortured that poor girl!! Like I would make her smush June bugs - somehow it was always her turn when we were both doing it "together."

indeazgirl said...

Hi! I know you don't know me- I'm Katie's friend and have just jumped over to this blog, but I LOVE these lights, too. They are so much cooler than the other ones. I just bought a new string of them and am using them tonight! Yay!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!