Monday, December 3, 2007

Phenomenal read!! PHENOMENAL!

Relentless Pursuit by Kevin Flynn is a true story about a mother and daughter who are both brutally murdered. It is a heart wrenching story- and you really are captivated and you feel as though you are in the middle of the whole thing. It is such a fascinating read. A few things touched me deeply in this book... and it seems as though the last few books I have read-- there has been the same "quote" in each-- as if I am supposed to really take it to heart.

The quote is- and I also stated it in a previous post here- when I was talking about my dad.... "Let go and let God" That is going to be my new mantra or something, because I have read it too many times lately- not to understand that God is telling me something.

In this case, the quote was used by the family of the victims, to the prosecutor. That everything is in God's hands now... we have done what we can- YOU have done your best, now let God take over. The funeral in the book was amazing. It was a celabratory event... they called it a homecoming and they all wore white. It was a homecoming for the deceased- they were going home to their maker and creator. It should be an exciting time. They were of course sad and devestated- but they KNEW that they were going to a better place.

In the book - someone also stated that it doesn't matter if you die at 15 or 75- but it is the life you live while you are alive! We shouldn't take it for granted and we shouldn't take it too seriously! Mistakes happen and we move on, we learn, we grow, we endure - and we keep on living! Not just taking up space and air.. but truly LIVING! It's funny, because after I read that chapter- Frosty the Snowman came on (when I was cleaning) and I looked at that song in a totally different light when they sing:

Frosty the Snowman

Knew the sun was hot that day

So he said let's run

And we'll have some fun

Now before I melt away



Hellooo??? Does that not say- that he KNEW he was going to melt away, but instead of sitting down and feeling sorry for himself- or saying what's the use- he says- let's hurry and play and have lots of fun before I melt away!! Isn't that what we should be doing... in the midst of everything else that is going on?? Are we really going to remember if our houses weren't perfect on such and such a date, or whatever else might be keeping us from having fun??

All I know is: Do your best, then "let go and let God" and LIVE!!

Oh- and on a 3rd note-- I used to want to be a hard core prosecutor in highschool! I was on the debate team and cross examining was my thing..... but after reading this book- I'm so glad I did not choose that route! It takes soooo much time away from your family- you are sooo focused on each case and it is A LOT OF WORK!! I'm so greatful that there are guys out there, that fight, and fight to get the bad guys- and I know it is hard and that sometimes the wrong decision is made on the jury's end--- but I'm greatful for the prosecutors who do everything they can to have justice served.

Again- the book was just amazing and reminds you also, how important family really is- especially when you have to stick together and stay strong for one another.

Sorry if my thoughts are kind of random and not well put together... I just had to jot them down for my own reference later:)

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to read that one!